PART 1 GENERAL PROHIBITIONS
You may not post or sell any item that is restricted or prohibited by a Government of India, state or local law in any State or jurisdiction.
Below, we have listed some categories of prohibited or restricted items. HOWEVER, THIS LIST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE; YOU, AS THE SELLER, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOU ARE NOT POSTING AN ITEM THAT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW IN ANY JURISDICTION. Unless otherwise indicated and annotated accordingly below, the list of prohibited or restricted items as listed shall be applicable to Petroindia.com
For the purposes of this Product Listing Policy, transactions that are supported by Petroindia.com shall be “Relevant Online Transactions”.
Petroindia has chosen to also prohibit the posting of items which may not be restricted or prohibited by law but are nonetheless controversial including:
(a) Items that encourage illegal activities (e.g. lock pick tools, synthetic urine for cheating drug tests);
(b) Items that are racially, religiously or ethnically derogatory, or that promote hatred, violence, racial or religious intolerance;
(c) Giveaways, lotteries, raffles, or contests;
(d) Stocks, bonds, investment interests, and other securities;
(e) Pornographic materials or items that are sexual in nature;
(f) Items that do not offer a physical product or service for sale, such as digital currencies and advertisements solely for the purpose of collecting user information.
Petroindia.com in its sole and exclusive discretion, reserves the right to impose additional restrictions and prohibitions.
PART 2 PROHIBITED AND CONTROLLED ITEMS
ILLICIT DRUGS, PRECURSORS AND DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- Petroindia expressly forbids any and all listing or sale of narcotics, tranquilizers, psychotropic drugs, natural drugs, synthetic drugs, steroids and other controlled substances. Such activity can result in your account being delisted.
- The listing or sale of all drug precursor chemicals is strictly prohibited.
- The listing or sale of packaging materials which may be utilized to contain controlled substances, materials conducive to smuggling, storing, trafficking, transporting and manufacturing illicit drugs (e.g. marijuana grow lights), publications and other media providing information related to the production of illicit drugs.
- The posting of explosives and related ignition and detonation equipment is strictly prohibited. Such activity can result in your account being delisted.
- Radioactive substances, toxic and poisonous chemicals are forbidden on the Petroindia site
- Ozone depleting substances are not permitted to be listed.
- Listing of fireworks, firecrackers and associated products are forbidden on both the Wholesaler Marketplace and Petroindia platforms for Relevant Online Transactions.
FIREARMS AND AMMUNITIONS
- Any service, instruction, process, or aid for producing any biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons, or other Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) or known associated agents is strictly prohibited by national law and accordingly prohibited on the Site. Any violation of this policy will result in the notification of government authorities by Petroindia website and your account being delisted.
- The posting of, offering for sale, or offering for purchase of any arms, munitions, military ordnance, weapons (including explosive weapons), and/or any related parts and components (whether integral or otherwise) is strictly prohibited. Such activity can result in your account being delisted.
- Petroindia website does not permit the posting, offering for sale, or offering of purchase of replica, "look-alike” or imitation firearms, and/or any related parts and components (whether integral or otherwise). This prohibition covers such products as air guns, BB guns, paintball guns, harpoons, spear guns and other weapons that may discharge a projectile containing any gas, chemical, or explosive substance.
- Petroindia website does not permit the posting, offering for sale, or offering of purchase of weapons that can incapacitate or cause serious physical harm to others (e.g. stun guns, batons, crossbows)
GOVERNMENT, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MILITARY ISSUED ITEMS
The following items are not permitted to be listed:
- Articles of clothing or identification that claim to be, or appear similar to, official government uniforms.
- Law enforcement badges or official law enforcement equipment from any public authority, including badges issued by the government of any country.
- Military decorations, medals and awards, in addition to items with substantially similar designs.
- Police uniforms, police insignia and police vehicles may not be posted unless they are obsolete and in no way resemble current issue police uniforms, police insignia and police vehicles. This fact must be clearly stated within the posting description.
- Authorized general souvenir items, such as hats, mugs, pins, pens, buttons, cuff links, T-shirts, money clips that do not resemble badges, and paperweights that do not contain badges.
- Historical badges that do not resemble modern law enforcement badges, provided that the item description clearly states that the badge is a historical piece at least 75 years old or issued by an organization which no longer exists.
- The following mass-transit related items are not permitted to be listed:
- Any article of clothing or identification related to transportation industries, including but not limited to, commercial airline pilots, flight attendants, airport service personnel, railway personnel, mass-transit security personnel. Vintage clothing related to commercial airlines or other mass-transit may be listed provided that the description clearly states that the item is at least 10 years old, is no longer in use and does not resemble any current uniform.
- Manuals or other materials related to commercial transportation, including safety manuals published by commercial airlines and entities operating subways, trains or buses. Such items may only be listed if the description clearly states that the material is obsolete and no longer in use.
- Any official, internal, classified or non-public documents.
- Listing of police equipment and associated products are forbidden on both the Wholesaler Marketplace and Petroindia website for Relevant Online Transactions.
- The posting of prescription drugs, psychotropic drugs and narcotics is strictly prohibited.
- The listing or sale of orally administered or ingested sexual enhancement foods and supplements is prohibited.
- Prescription veterinary drugs may not be listed.
- Petroindia website does not permit the posting of unauthorized medical devices. Members may only post authorized medical devices after provision of appropriate production and sales permits to the Website, while transactions of these products are strictly prohibited to be entered into as a Relevant Online Transaction.
ADULT AND OBSCENE MATERIALS
- The posting or sale of pornographic materials is strictly prohibited.
- Items depicting or suggestive of bestiality, rape sex, incest or sex with graphic violence or degradation, and any items depicting or suggestive of sex involving minors, are strictly prohibited.
- In determining whether listings or information should be removed from the Petroindia website, we consider the overall content of the posting, including images, pictorials, and text.
- While sex toys and related products are permitted to be listed, product descriptions may not include nude or otherwise sexually explicit images.
CIRCUMVENTION DEVICES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT USED FOR ILLICT PURPOSES
- Descramblers and other items that can be used to gain unauthorized access to television programming (such as satellite and cable TV), internet access, telephone, data or other protected, restricted, or premium services are prohibited. Stating the item is for educational or test purposes will not legitimize a product that is otherwise inappropriate. Some examples of items which are not permitted include smart cards and card programmers, descramblers, DSS emulators and hacking software.
- Similarly, information on "how to" descramble or gain access to cable or satellite television programming or other services without authorization or payment is prohibited. Petroindia website policy is to prohibit any encouragement of this type of activity.
- The listing or sale of spy equipment and devices used for interception of wire, oral and electronic communications is not permitted on the Site.
- Bank card readers and “skimmers” are prohibited from being listed.
- Any and all unauthorized circumvention devices not included in the above are also strictly prohibited.
Listings claiming to provide government services and related products are strictly prohibited. Examples include:
- Official government-issued identification documents, such as birth certificates, driving licenses, passports and visas;
- Completed applications for the abovementioned documents
- Any materials, equipment or processes designed for use in the production of government-issued identification documents (e.g. driving license holograms, passport booklets).
- The offering for sale or purchase of textile quota is prohibited on Petroindia website
- The listing or sale of any form of invoices or receipts (including blank, pre-filled, or value added invoices or receipts), is strictly prohibited on the Site.
- Petroindia website prohibits listings that offer financial services, including money transfers, issuing bank guarantees and letters of credit, loans, fundraising and funding for person investment purposes, etc.
- Petroindia website prohibits listings for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Listings that offer medical or healthcare services, including services for medical treatment, rehabilitation, vaccination, health checks, psychological counseling, dietetics, plastic surgery and massage are prohibited.
- The posting or sale of bulk email or mailing lists that contain personally identifiable information including names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses, is strictly prohibited. Also prohibited are softwares or other tools which are designed or used to send unsolicited commercial email (i.e. "spam").
- Job postings from which a factory/company/institute may directly recruit employees are prohibited on the Site.
COLLECTIONS, ARTIFACTS AND PRECIOUS METALS
- Petroindia website strictly forbids the sale and purchase of currency, coins, banknotes, stocks, bonds, money orders, credit and debit cards, investment interest, currency in digital or any intangible form (e.g. crypto-currency), as well as the equipment and materials used to produce such items.
- Counterfeits currency , legal tender and stamps are strictly prohibited.
- Reproductions or replicas of coins as collectible items must be clearly marked with the word "COPY", "REPRODUCTION" or "REPLICA" and comply with all relevant local laws.
- Listings that offer the sale or buying of gold, silver and other precious metals (not including jewelry) are prohibited.
- Artifacts, cultural relics, historical grave markers, and related items which are protected under the Government laws and other jurisdictions; and may not be posted or sold through the Petroindia website
HUMAN PARTS, HUMAN REMAINS AND PROTECTED FLORA AND FAUNA
- Petroindia website prohibits the listing of human body parts and remains. Examples of such prohibited items include, but are not limited to: organs, bones, blood, sperm, and eggs. Items made of human hair, such as wigs for commercial uses, are permitted.
- The listing or sale of any species (including any animal parts such as pelts, skins, internal organs, teeth, claws, shells, bones, tusks, ivory, logs, roots and other parts) protected by the
- The listing or sale of products made with any part of and/or containing any ingredient derived from sharks or marine mammals is prohibited on the Petroindia website
- The listing or sale of products made from cats, dogs and bears, as well as any processing equipment, is prohibited on Petroindia website
OFFENSIVE MATERIAL AND INFORMATION DETRIMENTAL TO NATIONAL SECURITY
- Any and all publications and other media containing state secrets or information detrimental to national security or public order are prohibited. Such activity can result in your account being delisted.
- Any information supporting or advocating infringement of national sovereignty, terrorist organizations or discrimination on grounds of race, sex, or religion is strictly prohibited on Petroindia website. Such activity can result in your account being delisted.
- Postings that are ethnically or racially offensive are prohibited on the Site. Sellers and purchasers must ensure that any wording used portrays appropriate sensitivity to those who might read it in their postings, and when they are offering or purchasing potentially offensive items or services.
- Materials advocating, promoting or otherwise supporting fascism, Nazism and other extreme ideologies are strictly prohibited.
- The posting of tobacco products, including but not limited to cigars, cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, pipe tobacco, hookah tobacco, chewing tobacco and tobacco leaf is prohibited.
- The posting of nicotine and other liquids (e-liquids) for use in electronic cigarettes is forbidden.
The listing or sale of equipment specifically used for gambling is prohibited. Products which have other legitimate uses (such as dice and playing cards) will generally be permitted.
SANCTIONED AND PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Products prohibited by laws, regulations, sanctions and trade restrictions in any relevant country or jurisdiction worldwide are strictly forbidden on Petroindia.com.
OTHER LISTING PROHIBITIONS
- The posting of any products containing harmful substances (e.g. toys containing lead paint) is forbidden on Petroindia.com website.
- Automotive airbags are expressly forbidden on Petroindia.com website due to containing explosive materials.
CONTRACTS AND TICKETS
- Users/buyers/sellers are responsible for ensuring that their transaction is lawful and not in violation of any contractual obligation. Before posting an item on the Site, they should carefully read any contracts that they have entered into that might limit your right to sell your item on the Site. Some items, such as airline tickets, have terms printed on the item that may limit your ability to sell that item. In other cases, such as when you are distributing a company's products, you may have signed a separate contract restricting your ability to market the product.
- The posting or sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on the Site,. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorization from companies or governments.
- Petroindia supports and cooperates with law enforcement efforts involving the recovery of stolen property and the prosecution of responsible individuals. If you are concerned that the images and/or text in your item description have been used by another Site user without your authorization, or that your intellectual property rights have been violated by such user, please
ALCOHOL, FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- The listing of alcohol is prohibited on the Petroindia website.
- The listing of all food and beverages, apart from tea, coffee and dried fruit and nuts, is prohibited on Petroindia website.
FACES, NAMES AND SIGNATURES
Items containing the likeness, image, name, or signature of another person are prohibited, unless the products were made or authorized by the person whose likeness, image, name or signature has been used.
REPLICA AND COUNTERFEIT ITEMS
- Listing of counterfeits, non-licensed replicas, or unauthorized items, such as counterfeit designer garments, watches, handbags, sunglasses, or other accessories, is strictly prohibited on the Site.
- If the products sold bear the name or logo of a company, but did not originate from or were not endorsed by that company, such products are prohibited from the Site.
- Postings of branded products are permitted if a certificate of authorization has been issued by the brand owner.
Postings offering to sell or purchase replicas, counterfeits or other unauthorized items shall be subject to removal by Petroindia website. Repeated postings of counterfeit or unauthorized items shall result in the immediate suspension of your account.
NOTICE: THIS LIST SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED EXHAUSTIVE IN NATURE AND SHALL BE UPDATED ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THE PRODUCT YOU WISH TO LIST WITH THE SITE IN REGARD TO ITS APPROPRIATENESS OR LEGALITY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICES DEPARTMENT